PSPP for Beginners
Configuring the Variables
Let's begin editing these fields to make them more useful. This example will be a simple grade book, with student names, sex, and exam score results.
- Name: Informative values have been given for the variable names. Note that there are no spaces.
- Type: The name variables are set to be strings because these will have alphabet characters. The other variables will have numbers, so these are set to numeric.
- Width: This has been set to display different sizes, with the names possibly being longer than the exam scores.
- Decimal: These have been set to display or not display a decimal, depending on the purpose of the variable.
- Label: Each variable has been described in more detail. Note that spaces are okay.
Index | Next - Value Labels
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License that allows sharing, adapting, and remixing.